ACADIA INSTRUCTION BOOK AND PARTS
SPECIAL FEATURES OF OUR ENGINES
- SubBase is detachable, and is recommended especially for
- The Valves are of the bevel seat type, with the water
close up to the valve seats. This prevents distortion and consequent
loss of compression.
- The Intake Valve on 6 and 10 and 15-20 H.P. is provided
with Lock Lever, to prevent the valve from fluttering when the
engine is coasting.
- The Speed-changing Device can be readily operated while
the engine is running.
- Our Engines are regularly furnished with a mixing
valve, which develops the maximum horsepower. Deviation from
standard equipment is not encouraged by the manufacturers.
- Ignition: We furnish Battery Ignition as standard
- Piston: The Piston is of a fine close-grained grey
iron, of ample and rugged proportions, to insure long life.
- Piston Rings: Four are provided for all sizes of
engines, which holds compression more perfectly and develops a
maximum of power.
- Connecting Rods are extra long, to reduce the
angularity of thrust on the walls of the cylinder and piston: this
also enables us to secure ideal balance of the engines.
Mike Spencer -- Mon 27 Mar 2006